The College Fund Ambassador Program was established in 2015 to create a mutually-supportive relationship between the College Fund and selected scholarship recipients. The current cohort includes 12 incredible scholars with ties from California to North Carolina. Each ambassador brings a unique skill set and passion for higher education. You can read more about two of our scholars, Robin and Joaquin, on the College Fund blog.
Program elements are designed to strengthen personal and professional voice and skills through active representation and reflection of the mission of the College Fund.
The program, as a form of practicum, aims to create knowledgeable College Fund community representatives to aid in peer-to-peer resource sharing and support for scholarships and other College Fund initiatives both on- and off- Tribal College and University campuses. This program also aims to provide a pool of speakers and/or participants for College Fund educational and fundraising events across the country. It is a further intent that the training and representation of the College Fund at on- and off- campus events expands access to personal, professional, and academic opportunities.
To be considered to the College Fund Ambassador Program, current and past scholars must:
- Be a member of a state or federally recognized tribe (or prove descendency)
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher, if currently enrolled
- Be a current or past recipient of an American Indian College Fund scholarship (TCU or Full Circle)
- Be a leader or engaged student in their home or university community
- Be able to commit a minimum of one year to program participation
- Attend a 4-day orientation and skill building opening session (includes travel time and may be extended in unique travel circumstances)
Any additional requirements and details are noted on the application.
If you have a passion for the College Fund, higher education, and your community, we would love for you to apply for our Ambassador Program! Applications are due by April 14th, 2017.