Website Media Specialist
Job Title: Website Media Specialist
Position Type: Full-time
Reports To: Director of Public Education and Communications
Location: Denver, Colorado
Date Modified: November 9, 2018
This position is responsible for managing, maintaining, updating, and analyzing the American Indian College Fund’s (College Fund) website. The College Fund’s website is the primary source of information to the public and it is critical to the organization’s mission that the website be an effective user experience. This means the website must be interesting and seeded with relevant, updated, and accurate information and all aspects of the site (links, videos, etc.) are functioning properly.
The Website Media Specialist will also proactively and responsively give guidance and share his/her expertise with other colleagues across the College Fund regarding website design to ensure the quality of the site.
This position will project manage all website updates, including website redesigns. This will require excellent organizational skills and communication, cross-departmental management, and external vendor management.
It is critical that the incumbent believe in and demonstrate the values of the organization, clear understanding of the College Fund’s mission and her/his committed to the role this position plays within the organization’s strategic objectives. This understanding and commitment is demonstrated through proactively engaging to develop strong internal and external relationships and communication and maintaining the integrity and effectiveness of the website.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain a high quality website.
- Continually review all aspects of the website to ensure all information is accurate and updated.
- Routinely seek out updates from various College Fund departments and external constituents.
- Ensure updates are processed timely on the website
- Ensure all links, video, and other elements on the website are consistently working.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar for the website
- Ensure permissions are appropriately obtained as needed to use names, stories, video, and photos.
- Proactively researches website trends to ensure the College Fund’s website is time-period relevant and maintains an appropriate and professional look, feel, and usability.
- Utilize and manage external website consultant(s) as needed
- Analyze website effectiveness.
- Utilize tools to determine demographics and time spent on various elements and pages within the website.
- Utilize this data to give guidance and direct content and design layout of website to management and College Fund departments.
- Manage website redesigns and enhancements.
- Produce and manage project timeline.
- Coordinate, update, and advise all College Fund departments that need to participate in the process.
- Communicate progress appropriately.
- Manage external vendor relationships, including RFP process when needed.
- Maintain cache of photos and videos for College Fund use
- Obtain photos directly and/or obtain photos from sources inside and outside of the College Fund.
- Organize and archive all media materials in a searchable database including labeled photos, videos, and permissions.
- Ensure that all appropriate permissions are obtained and on file.
- Label and organize photos.
- Support social media.
- Support other social media such as Facebook and Twitter as needed and in collaboration with various College Fund departments.
- Project management
- Excellent cross-team communications
- Writing and editing
- Photo editing
- Some sound clip editing where required
- Using multi-media tools and CMS system
- Basic understanding of HTML, working with APIs, servers, and database tools
- AP Style and College Fund style guide
- Diplomacy and influencing skills
- Contractor management skills
- Experience working with diverse cultures
- BS in computer field
- 5-7 years’ experience in website management
Are you looking to find a place where your contributions make a difference? Have you some free time to lend a hand? Looking to find a place where you can develop your job skills in a fun and learning environment?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we would like to meet you.
The American Indian College Fund currently has volunteer opportunities available. We are seeking a civic minded individual/s who can lend their skills in the following area: Office or clerical support – answer phone, file, data entry.
Resumes can be sent to:
8333 Greenwood Blvd. Denver, CO 80221
The American Indian College Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The American Indian College Fund is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.