Application for Direct TCU Faculty Emergency Aid Grants
The American Indian College Fund created an emergency fund to provide direct support for TCU faculty impacted by the rapid transition to distance delivery due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This emergency fund is designed to quickly provide much-needed support to tribal college faculty (full-time and part-time) to transition to remote teaching.
These funds come from the Henry Luce Foundation to support tribal colleges and their faculty as they continue their critical education work. The College Fund will award twenty (20) one-time professional development grants up to $2,000 to assist TCU faculty member’s emergent needs in two areas: (1) direct technology and software support; and (2) support for online teaching, learning, and student engagement.
Grant funding will be used for any of the following as determined by the individual faculty member:
- Online teaching and learning
- Student engagement
- Computer upgrades
- Microphones, video (web) cameras
- Printers and accessories
- Surge protectors
- Pen and touch screen devices
Other – please specify
Instructions for applying and file uploads for necessary documents for the professional development grant are provided within this online application. The emergency aid grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Applicants must be a current tribal college faculty member or an adjunct instructor at an accredited tribal college or university.
- Completed Application
- Personal Statement with Detailed Budget (outlining use of funds)
The College Fund will review applications using the following criteria:
- Faculty member’s ability to strengthen and enhance teaching, knowledge of current practice, and delivery of coursework.
- Clearly articulated goals and objectives.
- Budget and personal statement that support faculty member’s goals and objectives.
Please see the following application materials. Do not hesitate to contact Cathy Noland, Faculty Development Program Officer at 303-430-5325 or email@example.com, for further information.
Please fill out the form below
For questions or additional information, please contact Cathy Noland, Faculty Development Program Officer, at 303-430-5325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions:
- Emergency Grants have a three-month award term beginning on the date the award letter is signed. If there are unforeseen obstacles to utilizing this emergency funding, faculty may seek permission from the College Fund’s Program Officer for a six-month extension.
- A completed final report template and summary report is due three months after the award letter is signed.