The loss of American Indian languages has recently accelerated to such an extent that the majority of those who speak them have become highly concerned. Our Native languages can help and should help us to preserve our spiritual identities in addition to our own individual and cultural identities. No language should ever have to die. To prevent language death, what is needed by those working to strengthen endangered languages is careful and considerate planning.
News & Blog
Read more articles from the College Fund team.
Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Fond Du Lac Tribal and Community College Earth Week: It’s a Small World
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day: A Step Towards Visibility
- From Surviving to Thriving: Sisseton Wahpeton College Fellows
- The Voices of Indigenous Visionaries: Highlights of the 2019-2020 Grant Year
- CHARTER ANNOUNCES INAUGURAL CLASS OF 20 SPECTRUM SCHOLARS