In this article Adrienne J. Keene employs the portraiture methodology to explore the story of College Horizons. She examines this precollege access program for American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian students to understand how a program rooted in Native cultures and identities can not only provide a space to create knowledge surrounding the college application process but also create a college-bound Native identity. The motto of the program, “College Pride, Native Pride” embodies a duality that emerges through the program itself.
News & Blog
Read more articles from the College Fund team.
Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- American Indian College Fund Statement on Events at U.S. Capitol
- Structural Racism in Education Video Presentation Featuring Cheryl Crazy Bull
- Great.com Talks With… American Indian College Fund
- American Indian College Fund Mourns Loss of Robert Bible, President of the College of Muscogee to COVID-19
- Charity Navigator Highlights the American Indian College Fund