The purpose of this arts-based, and Indigenous research study was to explore how Native Americans understand ‘place-based imagery’ through an Indigenous art making and storytelling experience in order to illuminate perspectives and experiences of a ‘sense of place’. Storywork, an Indigenous research method directed the culturally grounded research project. The Native American moccasin was the symbolic cultural catalyst used to create a multimedia art piece to express and reflect traditional cultural knowledge rooted within this symbol.
News & Blog
Read more articles from the College Fund team.
Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Fond Du Lac Tribal and Community College Earth Week: It’s a Small World
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day: A Step Towards Visibility
- From Surviving to Thriving: Sisseton Wahpeton College Fellows
- The Voices of Indigenous Visionaries: Highlights of the 2019-2020 Grant Year
- CHARTER ANNOUNCES INAUGURAL CLASS OF 20 SPECTRUM SCHOLARS