This article examines success factors for American Indian tribal college students who transfer to 4-year predominantly White institutions. The study examined the experiences of 8 tribal college transfer students to Midwest universities. Using an indigenous methodology, 3 themes were found to help American Indian tribal college transfer students succeed, which were personal goals and dreams, family matters, and being a member of an American Indian community.
News & Blog
Read more articles from the College Fund team.
Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Statement from Cheryl Crazy Bull About Mass Grave at Kamloops Indian Residential School
- Spring Resurgence: GED classrooms open to students
- College Fund and Its Scholars Share How—and Why—to Make Higher Ed More Accessible for Native Students
- Cheryl Crazy Bull to Speak about Education Access at CARE Tuesday Talk June 1
- Book Review: Moon of the Crusted Snow