Tribal leaders, parents, and students have consistently raised concerns about Native student environment issues; including bullying, school discipline, stereotypes, as well as harmful imagery and symbolism. Recognizing that Native student environments have long been a concern, WHIAIANE and the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) in October, 2014 launched an effort to gather more information regarding Native student environment issues, which resulted in listening sessions across seven states with over 1,000 participants.
News & Blog
Read more articles from the College Fund team.
Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- United Health Foundation Grants $430K to American Indian College Fund for Tribal Scholars Program
- Statement on Cleveland Guardians
- Join the New #DoublePellCampaign: Let’s Double Pell NOW!
- American Indian College Fund Awards Four Tribal Colleges with Four-Year Computer Science Initiative Grants
- Journeys Matter—And So Do State Laws