With the new emphasis on learning outcomes, tribal colleges have an opportunity to redefine their own measures of success, along with their own curricular and pedagogical values and approaches, in more culturally appropriate ways. Articulating or refining the tribal college’s mission is often a critical first step in this process. By using their mission statements to set and guide standards of measuring success, tribal colleges can use assessment programs to pursue their missions; build local capacity; and advance processes of self-empowerment, self-determination and the decolonization of Native peoples.
- Luci Tapahanso, Poet Laureate of Navajo Nation to Read from Her Work Nov. 30 to Benefit American Indian College Fund
- The Way to Reawaken Indigenous Language is to Nurture Speakers
- Dollar General GED Program: Monique’s Story
- Interactive Sensory Garden Featuring Flora That Is Indigenous to This Land
- An Interview with Monique Moran, GED Graduate