With the new emphasis on learning outcomes, tribal colleges have an opportunity to redefine their own measures of success, along with their own curricular and pedagogical values and approaches, in more culturally appropriate ways. Articulating or refining the tribal college’s mission is often a critical first step in this process. By using their mission statements to set and guide standards of measuring success, tribal colleges can use assessment programs to pursue their missions; build local capacity; and advance processes of self-empowerment, self-determination and the decolonization of Native peoples.
News & Blog
Read more articles from the College Fund team.
Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Fond Du Lac Tribal and Community College Earth Week: It’s a Small World
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day: A Step Towards Visibility
- From Surviving to Thriving: Sisseton Wahpeton College Fellows
- The Voices of Indigenous Visionaries: Highlights of the 2019-2020 Grant Year
- CHARTER ANNOUNCES INAUGURAL CLASS OF 20 SPECTRUM SCHOLARS