Empowering Scholars for Community Change
Are you passionate about tribal civic responsibility and rural community organizing? The 7 Generations Innovators Fellowship offers a unique opportunity for scholars to enrich their understanding of these crucial areas.
Grounded in six Indigenous relationality values, this fellowship program supports creative projects that:
- Address community needs
- Increase tribal civic awareness
- Foster collaborative efforts
- Drive long-term, sustainable outcomes
The Six Rs
This fellowship is inspired by “Six Rs” of Indigenous relationality:
- Respect: Understand and cherish the interconnectedness of self, others, and the environment.
- Responsibility: Uphold mutual accountability through consistent, transparent communication.
- Reciprocity: Cultivate and express gratitude, deep empathy, and generosity of spirit in co-creating thriving environments and communication dynamics.
- Relationship: Leverage collective strength to build long-term, sustainable practices for everyone.
- Reflection: Self-examine actions, responses, and consequences of upholding the Six Rs that shape our personal narratives.
- Redistribution: Commit to sharing wisdom, resources, and stories with each other to foster a “7 Generations” mindset and legacy.
We are excited to fund four projects with grants of $2,500 each. Fellowship recipients must design their projects to clearly demonstrate one or more of the Six Rs.
Apply now and join us in making a difference. Your ideas and passion can shape a better future!