Founded in 1989, the American Indian College Fund has been the nation’s largest charity supporting Native student access to higher education for 29 years, consistently receiving top ratings from national independent charity evaluators.
In 2016-17 we provided 6,548 scholarships totaling $7.624 million dollars and nearly $5.9 million for programs and higher education institutions serving Native communities. Our Mission
The American Indian College Fund invests in Native students and tribal college education to transform lives and communities.
Our Commitment to You
The College Fund is committed to accountability. We consistently receive top ratings from independent charity evaluators.
- We earned the “Best in America Seal of Excellence” from the Independent Charities of America. Of the one million charities operating in the United States, fewer than 2,000 organizations have been awarded this seal.
- The College Fund meets the Standards for Charity Accountability of the Better Business Bureau‘s Wise Giving Alliance.
- The College Fund received a Gold Seal of Transparency from Guidestar.
- The College Fund received a three-star rating from Charity Navigator.
- The College Fund received an B+ rating from Charity Watch.
* Figures for how donations are used represent a five-year average.