The Denver Post Names American Indian College Fund a Winner of the Colorado Top Workplaces 2022 Award for Fourth Year in a Row.
College Fund Career Opportunities
The American Indian College Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coordinator Email and Social Media Marketing
Job Title: Coordinator Email and Social Media Marketing
Position Type: Full-time
Earnings Range: $20.30-22.60/hour plus full benefits
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Location: Denver, CO
The American Indian College Fund (College Fund) strives to positively impact the lives of American Indians by supporting their higher education and career objectives. College Fund team members believe education is the answer and collectively we raise funds, provide scholarships, and holistically support students in achieving their goals.
We are seeking an experienced digital communication professional who will combine their social media savvy and passion for conversing to build brand presence, audiences, and a platform for constituents to get to know our mission and the Native students we support.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating content for social media platforms, identifying trending topics and opportunities, and have excellent virtual interpersonal skills to create a space where new and existing donors can learn from the College Fund and discuss with each other issues that are important to the communities we serve. This person will identify trending conversations in both mainstream media and pop culture that should include Native representation and be skilled at creating inclusive dialogue to elevate the platform we’ve created for Native students and their stories. This position also includes working with the marketing and direct response teams to create owned media communications such as email campaigns and newsletters to drive deeper conversations with our donors, improve retention rates, and increase giving.
This role requires someone with the ability to self-start, project manage, and create content quickly when the opportunity presents itself. You enjoy writing and understand the social media dialog and tone, and its’ role within the marketing ecosystem. You are cutting edge and keep up-to-date with the latest social media technologies and best practices and combine that with your knowledge of non-profit fundraising. You bring ideas to the team on how to keep donors engaged and can present insight as to how users are engaging with our messages. You should be organized, detail-oriented, flexible to changing timelines in a fast-paced environment, data driven and curious about campaign results and insights, with good interpersonal skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Functional knowledge of Email Marketing Platforms (Engaging Networks) and comfortable with drag-n-drop email builder tools (WYSIWYG)
- Maintain an email marketing calendar, project manage multiple email marketing campaigns, and execute email strategy across multiple communication strategies and audiences
- Responsible for segmenting e-CRM audiences, setting up user profiles, setting up A/B or multivariant test scenarios to optimize KPIs and create a more personalized donor experience
- Work with graphic design partner to create, develop, and use email templates to communicate with donors. Ability to support graphic design partner with light image editing (cropping, graphic treatment, etc) preferred
- Respond to data entry and finance inquiries on donor financial transactions
- Social Media
- Develops, plans, and manages organic social media channels and engagement.
- Understands existing and emerging social media platforms, their respective audiences, and how each platform can be deployed and leveraged to support marketing strategies and business needs
- Writes content to adapt tone and urgency based on audiences and marketing needs
- Responds to all inquiries via social media platforms, encourages and thanks donors for their engagement with the College Fund and our content while demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills
- Collaborates with team members to develop social media strategies to support individual team goals and overall departmental goals and business needs
- Creates organic social media content to be shared and leveraged by our partners in recognition of their support or to help build awareness
- Completes other duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of digital marketing; understanding of non-profit fundraising preferred
- Strong project management skills which include influencing and persuading teammates and external vendors in the execution of projects.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience in email marketing automation
- Knowledge of HTML coding is a plus
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must
- Ability to review content and edit copy
- Ability to set and meet firm deadlines and objectives
- Must be able to work independently
- Must efficiently organize workload to meet constantly changing demands
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Knowledge of or interest in learning about American Indian education
Experience & Education
- BA Degree
- Minimum of 2 years marketing experience or knowledge
- Direct marketing a plus
Work Environment and Physical Activities
- Professional office environment
- Frequent keyboarding
- Lifting from 20-30 pounds
- Travel as assigned
Note: The intent is not to provide an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position. Incumbent may perform other duties as assigned.
To Apply:Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put your name and the job title in the subject line.
American Indian College Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volunteer or Contact HR
Are you looking to find a place where your contributions make a difference? Do you have some free time to lend a hand? Looking to find a place where you can develop your job skills in a fun and learning environment? If you answered yes, then we would like to meet you. The American Indian College Fund is seeking a civic-minded individual/s who can volunteer their skills in the following area: Office or clerical support – answer phone, file, data entry.
Send Resumes To:
American Indian College Fund
8333 Greenwood Blvd. Denver, CO 80221
Call us at: