Work. Grow. Thrive.
Top Rated Employer
The Denver Post Names American Indian College Fund a Winner of the Colorado Top Workplaces 2020 Award
Why Work Here?
The American Indian College Fund is a top-ranked national charity making a difference in Native peoples’ lives and communities, while working to effect policy change in higher education.
We asked our staff, “What are your top reasons for working here?” They said:
- Working in a great team with the same focus to support Native Scholars
- Motivated and united by our mission
- Support of cultural values
- Great salary and benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Consistent and supportive learning environment
- Great office culture
- Promotion of healthy work/life balance
- The staff are hardworking and fun!
- Ethical and transparent practices
In our 2018 employee engagement survey, we asked our employees to tell us about some things we are doing great here. Some replies included:
- The College Fund is an organization with its mission at the core of what we do and how we do it. Our team is focused on creating and improving opportunity for individuals and communities who need it most. We thrive in our dedication to accomplishing our work together as a whole team.
- I feel like leadership and my boss go out of their way to make us feel appreciated. I am happy and proud to work here.
- Our mission is incredible and it is clear that individual staff members are deeply passionate about service to that mission.
- We are always trying to figure out how to do things better, we are clear about the importance and focus on our mission and work, overall we are generous and treat employees/staff well.
- There is an extremely warm and welcoming culture at this organization.
Diversity and Inclusion comments
- This is the most inspiring work to me because Native people at the College Fund are spearheading these programs and are giving Native communities the chance to form their own pathway through these programs.
- I like that we incorporate Indigenous perspectives in how we treat each other and go about our work.
- We thrive in cultural literacy, which helps us understand the distant places from where our students come.
- I get a strong sense of mutual respect and inclusion from all staff members at the College Fund.
The American Indian College Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- The American Indian College Fund is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
College Fund Career Opportunities
The American Indian College Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Website Project Manager
|Job Title||Website Project Manager|
|Reports To||Senior Director – Administrative Services|
|Date Modified||April 10, 2020|
The American Indian College Fund (College Fund) strives to positively impact the lives of American Indians by supporting their higher education and career objectives. College Fund team members believe education is the answer and collectively we raise funds, provide scholarships, and holistically support students in achieving their goals. Programming, research, and enhancing the capacities of tribal colleges and universities are also integral elements of our mission.
The Website Project Manager will be the main gate-keeper of the website–proactively and responsively giving guidance and providing expertise with other colleagues to ensure website quality and consistency of the College Fund brand across the organization. This will require excellent organizational skills and communication, cross-departmental collaboration, and external vendor management.
It is critical that the incumbent believe in and demonstrate the values of the organization, clear understanding of the College Fund’s mission, and is committed to the role this position plays within the organization’s strategic objectives. This understanding and commitment is demonstrated through proactively engaging to develop strong internal and external relationships and communication in addition to maintaining the integrity and effectiveness of the website.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain a high quality website
- Continually review all aspects of the website to ensure all information is accurate and up to date
- Routinely seek out updates from various College Fund departments and external constituents
- Conduct content management and editing of all website materials
- Ensure updates are processed timely on the website
- Ensure all links, video, and other elements on the website are consistently working
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar for the website
- Ensure permissions are appropriately obtained as needed to use names, stories, video, and photos
- Proactively researches website trends to ensure the College Fund’s website is time-period relevant and maintains an appropriate and professional look, feel, and usability.
- Utilize and manage external website consultant(s) as needed
- Analyze website effectiveness
- Utilize tools to determine demographics and time spent on various elements and pages within the website.
- Utilize this data to give guidance and direct content and design layout of website to management and College Fund departments
- Manage website redesigns and enhancements
- Produce and manage project timelines
- Coordinate, update, and advise all College Fund departments that need to participate in the process
- Communicate progress appropriately
- Manage external vendor relationships, including RFP process when needed
- Maintain cache of photos and videos for College Fund use
- Obtain photos directly and/or obtain photos from sources inside and outside of the College Fund
- Organize and archive all media materials in a searchable database including labeled photos, videos, and permissions
- Ensure that all appropriate permissions are obtained and on file
- Label and organize photos
- Support social media
- Support other social media such as Facebook and Twitter as needed and in collaboration with various College Fund departments
- Strong, proven project management skills
- Excellent cross-team communications including the ability to lead from a place of influence
- Initiative—gets things done
- Detailed and accurate writing/editing skills
- Photo editing
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Some sound clip editing where required
- Using multi-media tools and CMS system
- Basic understanding of HTML, working with APIs, servers, and database tools
- AP Style and College Fund style guide
- Diplomacy and influencing skills
- Contractor management skills
- Experience working with diverse cultures
- BS in computer field (or equivalent certification and experience)
- 5-7 years’ experience in website management
- Certification in web design
- Certification in project management
Work Environment and Physical Activities
- Frequent keyboarding
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
Note: The intent is not to provide an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position. Incumbent may perform other duties as assigned.
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put your name and the job title in the subject line.
The American Indian College Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volunteer or Contact HR
Are you looking to find a place where your contributions make a difference? Do you have some free time to lend a hand? Looking to find a place where you can develop your job skills in a fun and learning environment? If you answered yes, then we would like to meet you. The American Indian College Fund is seeking a civic minded individual/s who can volunteer their skills in the following area: Office or clerical support – answer phone, file, data entry.
Send Resumes To:
American Indian College Fund
8333 Greenwood Blvd. Denver, CO 80221
Call us at: