One of the greatest, yet easily navigated, challenges is knowing what to do after you have decided to attain a degree or find employment. One key component to “finding” answers to do some research on what you think might be a plan for your future.
In thinking about an education and professional path, it is good to ask some very meaningful and useful questions. Here are a few:
- Where do I want to live while in school?
- What do I need to be successful while in school?
- What does a school offer to ensure I am successful in reaching my academic goals?
- Where do I want to work?
- How does my academic journey inform or influence my professional goals?
- What do I need to “know” about myself and my proposed profession to ensure I can find a job in that industry?
- What resources are available to assist me in mapping, defining, and deciding my academic and professional journey?
As an individual starts to think and respond to these questions, we offer up some resources to make the sense- and decision-making process a little less mystical.
EXPLORE CAREERS & MAJORS WITH FOCUS 2
Create an account in FOCUS 2 to begin uncovering and investigating career and major options today. You will be asked questions related to things already familiar to you such as your personality, life preferences, and more. After just 30-40 minutes, you will be provided a customized list of possible career aspirations. A deeper understanding of yourself will give you the confidence you need to make more informed decisions about your education at Kent State University.
FOR FREE ACCESS TO FOCUS 2, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS BELOW:
- For first time users, on the FOCUS 2 website, click on “Register”
- Your ACCESS CODE is collegefund and it is the same for all users
- New users fill out the requested information on the form and click CONTINUE
- Returning users, log in with your username and password and then click CONTINUE
- Once you are logged in, begin by taking the Career Planning Readiness and Academic Strengths assessments.
- Then take the Personality, Work Interests, Skills and Values assessments.
- Be sure to read the results of your Combined Assessments.
- Click on the list of matched careers and begin researching the most current information on industries.
Get feedback on your results
- Process the results with a one of the Career Readiness and Employment team members by emailing a request to email@example.com. Enter Focus 2 Feedback Session Request into the subject line.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org