Partners Amplify Our Voices
Students and communities alike benefit from the rich relationships we have with our corporate partners. Not only do these partnerships provide much needed financial support, they may also include internship opportunities, mentoring, student convenings and more.
As we celebrate Native American Heritage Month, we are grateful to our partners for amplifying Native voices through celebrations and educational opportunities for their employees and customers.
Thank you Coca-Cola for doing your part to recognize and share stories of modern-day Native people and communities this November by launching a company wide commitment to promoting and supporting Native employees and communities in addition to supporting Native scholars for 30+ years through the American Indian College Fund Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship Fund.
They will be doing the following:
- Sharing information with employees about tribal people and communities
- Amplifying the voices of Native people via social media
- Including Native representation in external presentations
- Introducing us and Native American Heritage Month to Coca-Cola corporate customers and suppliers
- Working with Big Y Foods to create and promote an Indigenous food recipe featured on Big Y Foods’ website
Thank you U.S. Bank for hosting a series of internal events to celebrate Native American Heritage Month.
- Panel discussion on cultural appropriation and examples of microaggression in the workplace
- Sharing a Native American Awareness Month quiz
- Hosting a virtual community clean-up volunteer activity “Clean up Mother Earth”
- Providing a virtual crafting opportunity led by the Native American Business Resource Group
Charter Communications will sponsor the Barcid Foundation’s 9th Annual Native American Virtual Writers Pitch Fest, an event during LA Skins Fest – a Native American Film Festival November 17th – 22nd, 2020.
MGM Resorts International
Partners Create Additional Funding Sources
Our students and Native communities benefit when partners’ customers and the College Fund’s mission align for good.
Start A Fundraiser In Just A Few Steps
Make a wave of fundraisers in November!
You can do more than just support Native students and communities financially – you can grow visibility and awareness. Even sharing a friend’s fundraiser is a powerful way to support Native scholars!
Start your own fundraiser in honor of Native American Heritage Month today.
A Conversation With Our Students
Get to know some of the students whose lives you are changing.
We understand our challenges and know what is needed to address them. We are the generation that will fuse western knowledge and tools with our cultural traditions and practices to build stronger, healthier, safer communities. We will also resolve the disconnect between tribal communities and the US government and re-establish our independence and sovereignty. We will use our knowledge to protect and manage our natural resources to create sufficient food, water and housing for our communities. We are pursuing degrees that will empower us to strengthen economic development and financial security. We will also lead the way in strengthening and updating our educational and healthcare systems. We will be less vulnerable as people and communities in the face of health crises and natural disasters.