Preparing For College
What To Expect And How To Prepare.
Native Pathways Guidebook
This culturally-relevant guide was developed to empower Native students to prepare, plan and successfully take the first steps of their higher education journey – with their identity firmly in hand. Helping students navigate school choice, applications, finances, and their first year at school, it includes contributions from Native graduates, professionals and artists.
Schools and Native student groups can request hard copies of the guidebook HERE.
Native Pathways Spring Education Calendar
We want you to be prepared for all of the challenges you’ll face this year, so we’ve scheduled a calendar of webinars and videos to assist you with everything from working with your professors to applying for scholarships. Add the events to your calendar, and sign-up for notifications here.
- Jan 15 (5pm MST) Full Circle Scholarship Application Tips
- Jan 28 (noon MST) NEW Career Pathways Guidebook
- Feb 18 (noon MST) Developing & Initiating a Career Path in School
- LEAP DAY! Feb 29 (noon MST) Launching Your Career at Job Fairs/Conferences
- Mar 19 (noon MST) Plan for College Expenses & Budgeting
- April 7 (5pm MDT) How to Search, Apply & Network Online
- April 23 (noon MDT) Getting Recommendations & Reference Letters
- May 5 (noon MDT) Changes Ahead? Learn From the BEST (Student Panel)
- May 28 (5pm MDT) Answering Your Full Circle Scholarship Questions
Past Native Pathways Fall Education Events
View the past schedule of webinars and videos aimed to assist you with everything from working with your professors to applying for scholarships.
- Dec 5 (noon MST) – Resume Writing (Internships & Jobs)
- Nov 20 (2pm MST) – Meditation
- Nov 15 (noon MST) – How to Find Scholarships & Apply
- Nov 5 (noon MST) – Internship Application & Interview
- Oct 30 (1:00pm MDT) – Completing the FAFSA
- Oct 15 (noon MDT) – Finding or Creating an Internship
- Sept 3 (noon MDT) – Choosing A College & Planning A Campus Visit
- Aug 29 (noon MDT) – Developing Your Digital Brand
- Aug 22 (noon MDT) – How To Talk With Your Instructor/Advisor
High School Admissions Pathway
Helps high school students at any stage realize the importance and benefits of college. To make college more accessible and easier to navigate, coaches provide guidance and resources through on-site visits to high schools, social media interaction, one-on-one coaching, and workshops.