The 2020-2021 Full Circle Scholarship Application is NOW OPEN!
Preparing For College
What To Expect And How To Prepare.
Native Pathways Guidebook
This culturally-relevant guide was developed to empower Native students to prepare, plan and successfully take the first steps of their higher education journey – with their identity firmly in hand. Helping students navigate school choice, applications, finances, and their first year at school, it includes contributions from Native graduates, professionals and artists.
Native Pathways Spring 2021 Education Events
We want you to be prepared for all of the challenges you’ll face this year, so we’ve scheduled a calendar of webinars and videos to assist you with everything from working with your professors to applying for scholarships. Add the events to your calendar, and sign-up for notifications here.
- JAN 19 (Noon MST) Healing in the New Year: A Self-Care Event
- JAN 27 (3pm MST) Getting Ahead of Retirement: A Guide for Students
- FEB 1 (6pm MST) Full Circle Scholarship Kick-Off Event
- FEB 10 (2pm MST) Transfer Opportunity Panel: Find Your New School
- FEB 15 (Noon MST) Grad School Week – Humanities
- FEB 16 (Noon MST) Grad School Week – Environmental/Agriculture Sciences
- FEB 17 (Noon MST) Grad School Week – Education
- FEB 18 (Noon MST) Grad School Week – Engineering
- FEB 18 (6pm MST) Native Scholarship Forum
- FEB 19 (Noon MST) Grad School Week – Technology
- FEB 25 (2pm MST) Transform Your World: Student Projects Forum
- MAR 5 (6pm MST) SOCIAL BREAK Poetry Slam & T-shirt Exchange
- MAR 8 (Noon MST) Law School Week – Native Pre-law Programs
- MAR 11 (Noon MST) Law School Week – Law School Week
- MAR 22 (Noon MDT) Business School Week – Careers in Business
- MAR 24 (Noon MDT) Business School Week – Business Grad School 101
- MAR 25 (Noon MDT) Business School Week – Business Grad Admissions Presentations
- MAR 29 (Noon MDT) Ask An Expert: Financial Literacy & Business Management
- MAR 30 (Noon MDT) Careers in Indian Country Panel
- APRIL 14 (6pm MDT) Nailing the Full Circle Scholarship Application
- APRIL 23 (6pm MDT) SOCIAL BREAK Dance Party & Regalia Pride
- APRIL 28 (11am MDT) Health and Medical Graduate Programs 101
- APRIL 28 (1pm MDT) Health Graduate School Admissions Panel Event
- APRIL 28 (1pmm MDT) Medical School Admissions Panel Event
- MAY 5 (3pm MDT) Last Minute Registration Options & Virtual Tours
- MAY 26 (2pm MDT) Answering YOUR Full Circle Scholarship Questions
Native Pathways Fall 2020 Education Events
View recordings of any of our events from Fall 2020 through the links on the right.
- Aug 25 (3pm MDT) Family Conversations for Financial Well Being
- Sept 30 (6pm MDT) FAFSA Advice for Parents & Students
- Oct 7 (12pm MDT) The BEST Internship Searches & Applications
- Oct 15 (2pm MDT) Exploring Self Care: Meditation, Journaling & More
- Oct 23 (6pm MDT) SOCIAL BREAK with Special Celebrity Guest!
- Oct 27 (12pm MDT) Tribal College Fair: Science & STEM Programs
- Oct 28 (12pm MDT) Tribal College Fair: Liberal Arts Programs
- Oct 29 (12pm MDT) Tribal College Fair: Business & Technical Programs
- Oct 30 (12pm MDT) Tribal College Fair: Sports & Athletic Programs
- Nov 4 (5pm MST) Improve Your Scholarship & Internship Application
- Dec 4 (3pm MST) SOCIAL BREAK: Readings by Native Authors
Native Pathways VIRTUAL Summer Camp
All Native rising high school juniors/seniors, and college & university students, are invited to register for the Native Pathways Summer Virtual Camp 2020! You’ll be engaged in 3 Days of interactive workshops and activities on college admissions and planning, major and career exploration, financial literacy, and more. Our 2020 event is complete. Check back next year for information about the 2021 event.
REGISTRATION CLOSED FOR 2020
High School Admissions Pathway
Helps high school students at any stage realize the importance and benefits of college. To make college more accessible and easier to navigate, coaches provide guidance and resources through on-site visits to high schools, social media interaction, one-on-one coaching, and workshops.
12th Grade Checklist
11th Grade Checklist
10th Grade Checklist
9th Grade Checklist
Preparing for College
Other than doing well in high school, it takes a lot just to apply to a college and get in. From SATs and FAFSAs, to college essays and campus visits, there is a lot you need to understand
Choosing A College
Once you’ve made the decision to go to college, you need to decide which one is right for you. Many factors can affect your decision, including location, price, size and programs offered.
Paying For College
Before you save money, apply for loans or get jobs – look to scholarships first. Learn about “merit” scholarships (based on your academic performance and grades), and specific fields of study or interests.
What To Expect At College
You’ve worked hard in high school, applied to college and got into a school. But what does the journey look like now? Check out the following resources to help guide your first steps on campus, and in the classroom.
Native Pathways to College
We want you to be prepared for all of the challenges you’ll face this year, so we’ve scheduled a calendar of webinars and videos to assist you with everything from working with your professors to applying for scholarships.