College of Menominee Nation’s (CMN) Sacred Little One’s project hosts an early childhood teacher institute on their campus in the Community Technology Center. Twenty-two lead teachers from the Menominee Nation’s Head Start programs are spending a day with a Scholastic trainer to be introduced to their new pre-K curriculum, Big Day in Pre-K. The Scholastic Big Day in Pre-K curriculum – a literacy based program – was selected by the Menominee Nation’s Head Start policy council with input from families and CMN faculty. Early childhood education faculty from CMN will work closely with the Menominee Nation’s Head Start to implement the Big Day in Pre-K curriculum. The second day of the teacher institute will focus on integrating the recently developed literacy book kits (developed by CMN early childhood students), with the goal of infusing Menominee culture and language into early childhood education instruction and align cultural curriculum with the scientifically-based chosen curriculum, Big Day in Pre-K.
News & Blog
Read more articles from the College Fund team.
Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- The American Indian College Fund Introduces Special Edition Water Blanket
- URGENT ADVOCACY REQUEST. Please Help Us Continue Our Work Helping Students and Communities!
- American Indian College Fund Names Sandra Boham, President of Salish Kootenai College, the 2019-20 Tribal College and University Honoree
- Donate! COVID-19 Emergency Relief Funding Needed
- The Tribal Colleges and Universities #RealCollege Survey